Welcome to the practice team. If viewing on a mobile device please hold in Landscape
Advert for an exciting new role for a Clinical Pharmacist working at PCN level:
Location: Henley SonNet PCN, comprising The Bell Surgery, The Hart Surgery, Sonning Common Health Centre and Nettlebed Surgery
Hours: 30 hours per week over 4 days
Fixed contract till end March 2020 when there will be a review with the post-holder to discuss the role development, subject to on-going NHS funding.
Salary: Band 7
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th July
Apply to: Louise West at The Bell Surgery by post to The Bell Surgery, York Road, Henley on Thames, Oxon, RG9 2DR or by email to email@example.com. For enquiries in confidence please call Louise on 01491 843256.
We seek an enthusiastic and driven individual who is keen to develop and extend the role of pharmacists within primary care. The role will be patient facing and include all aspects of medicines management across both long term conditions and acute presentations. You will work as part of highly skilled multi-disciplinary teams in each of the four practices, guiding them in innovative and cost effective prescribing. Full details can be found in the Job Description.
Required qualifications and attributes:
Masters Degree in Pharmacy (MPharm) or equivalent
- Registered with GPhC
- Member of RPS
- Evidence of recent CPD
- Independent prescriber status or a commitment to undertake the course
- Effective interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate information to patients and careers in a clear and appropriate manner, using developed empathy skills
- Knowledge of medicines management issues across primary, acute and domiciliary care settings
- Understanding and appreciation of National and local policies which impinge on primary care prescribing
- Professional approach to work demonstrating excellent interactive patient skills. Guided by professional code, accountable and responsible for own professional actions
- Ability to gain the confidence and credibility of a range of professional
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise task to ensure urgent work is completed on time
We offer an exciting new role with potential to evolve, plus the opportunity to work in dynamic and stimulating environments. Our PCN combines 2 dispensing practices, each with excellent reputations in the communities they serve and all practices are located in desirable settings. The successful candidate will also benefit from working as part of a supportive and friendly team as well as daily coffee breaks with colleagues.
Click here for full job description
|Practice Nurses (f)|
Cathy Formon - Lead Nurse Annabel Blackwell Simone Wylie
Our Nursing team offer all routine nursing procedures including dressings, ear syringing, hearing tests, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, ECGs and Doppler studies. They also run a minor illness clinic which operates alongside the doctors’ morning surgeries, and specialist clinics for certain long term conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease etc. They can be contacted via Reception.
DISTRICT NURSES –– 01491 411343 They provide nursing care for patients at home who are unable to get to the surgery. They work closely with the doctors.
HEALTH VISITORS –– 01865 903393 They are both Registered nurses and trained midwives. They are able to discuss a wide range of health problems, especially those relating to children under the age of 5. Together with the doctors they run a combined health and immunisation clinic to check the health and development of children at 8 weeks, 8 to 12 months and 2 years. Appointments are sent out automatically. They also run a Child Welfare Clinic on Tuesdays at the Childrens Centre d:two, Market Place, between 9.30am and 11.30am.