Welcome to the practice team. If viewing on a mobile device please hold in Landscape
Advert for an exciting new role for a Clinical Pharmacist working at PCN level:
Location: Henley SonNet PCN, comprising The Bell Surgery, The Hart Surgery, Sonning Common Health Centre and Nettlebed Surgery
Hours: 30 hours per week over 4 days
Fixed contract till end March 2020 when there will be a review with the post-holder to discuss the role development, subject to on-going NHS funding.
Salary: Band 7
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th July
Apply to: Louise West at The Bell Surgery by post to The Bell Surgery, York Road, Henley on Thames, Oxon, RG9 2DR or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries in confidence please call Louise on 01491 843256.
We seek an enthusiastic and driven individual who is keen to develop and extend the role of pharmacists within primary care. The role will be patient facing and include all aspects of medicines management across both long term conditions and acute presentations. You will work as part of highly skilled multi-disciplinary teams in each of the four practices, guiding them in innovative and cost effective prescribing. Full details can be found in the Job Description.
Required qualifications and attributes:
Masters Degree in Pharmacy (MPharm) or equivalent
- Registered with GPhC
- Member of RPS
- Evidence of recent CPD
- Independent prescriber status or a commitment to undertake the course
- Effective interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate information to patients and careers in a clear and appropriate manner, using developed empathy skills
- Knowledge of medicines management issues across primary, acute and domiciliary care settings
- Understanding and appreciation of National and local policies which impinge on primary care prescribing
- Professional approach to work demonstrating excellent interactive patient skills. Guided by professional code, accountable and responsible for own professional actions
- Ability to gain the confidence and credibility of a range of professional
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise task to ensure urgent work is completed on time
We offer an exciting new role with potential to evolve, plus the opportunity to work in dynamic and stimulating environments. Our PCN combines 2 dispensing practices, each with excellent reputations in the communities they serve and all practices are located in desirable settings. The successful candidate will also benefit from working as part of a supportive and friendly team as well as daily coffee breaks with colleagues.
Click here for full job description
|Practice Manager (f)|
Our Practice Manager, Louise West is responsible for running our Practice and is happy to discuss any queries or suggestions you may have. In her absence, please contact our Office Manager, Jane Herrington.
Our receptionists aim to help you to receive the best service from the surgery. In order to do this, they may need to ask you a few discreet questions. This will enable them to make sure you are seeing the best person within the surgery to help you. Please be aware that anything you tell them will be treated in absolute confidence.
|Medical Secretaries (f)|
Our three experienced medical secretaries will deal with any queries and take messages for the doctors.